CHID HELPLINE 1098
Ensuring access to rights & entitlements of vulnerable and special protection to the children in need and in conflict with law.
- Providing hand-holding support in application and follow-up of entitlements.
- Increasing community participation in planning and monitoring of local governance.
- Operating Children Help Line – 1098.
- Intervening in child protection for rescue and restoration
- 84 eligible people got benefit of different social security schemes. Out of this 71 receive regular monthly pension between Rs. 500⁄- to 750⁄-. 13 BPL families got shelter under Indira Awas Yojana through handholding support in application and follow-up.
- 394 children (who were in conflict i.e. missing, medical help, orphans, abused etc.) were given support and restored by providing hand holding support & advocacy.
- 1961 calls (intervention call, information call, follow up call, testing call and others) were received at 1098 helpline.
- 352 children were mainstreamed with different government schemes like palanhar yojana, BPL card to PLHAs & shelter home.
- Linked Child line with 46 AWCs, 135 government & non government schools, 7 non government organizations and 21 police stations.
- 2315 children were informed about importance of education, health, sanitation practices, their basic rights and how they can access the same through 1098 helpline.
- 51 GRP and Childline staff were capacitated on juvenile justice act 2000.